Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 488 - Parting ways

For the first time of our 16 month Adlibing Asia adventure today we went our separate ways - Adam flying into Lukla in the Everest Region to start his 17 day trek / climb, and Liv preparing for her couple of weeks volunteering at the KAT Centre in Kathmandu.

Liv
With Adam off on his mountain mission, my 17 days as a free woman started pretty leisurely! First of all I popped into the trekking company's office to make sure the boys got to Lukla safely, then made my way out to KAT to meet some of the staff and the animals. Even though I was only there for under an hour I really think I'm going to enjoy my time volunteering there - they do amazing work with stray animals in Kathmandu - check out their website here.

Back in Kathmandu I managed to wile away the rest of the day reading on the balcony, drinking fresh fruit juices, and eating yummy food - the theme for the next 2 weeks!!

You'll have to wait until Adam gets back to hear his exciting stories ...

1 comment:

David said...

Good luck Adam, and have fun while the cats away Liv ;)

- David